Saturday, November 14, 2009

Scouting for Food: The Adventure




Yes, this was a pretty successful Scouting for Food! We first started at the church, where we watched the basketball game. It was actually pretty epic!


Dallin, Rick, Alec, Kyle, Dewlin Rosdahl and Spencer Patterson (two 11-year-old scouts), and I got divided into groups. Alec and I went with Brother Habecker. We rode through the Danville Livery to the neighborhood right behind it (here's a map from Google Earth of the area we did).


Usually we just put the flyers on the people's porches, and then we'd pick up their food next week, but his time we had to do it all in one day. So, we knocked on people's doors, and told them about Scouting for Food, and then we'd go back and pick up all the bags we could find. Alec and I worked our way up Town and Country Drive, and then we met up with Dallin (who was with Brother Hart), and he joined us on Appian Court.


On Appian Court, Dallin was kicking a rock down the street. Then the rock skipped up and hit the rear of a parked car. It didn't leave a mark, but we ran away as fast as we could. We sprinted to the car and zoomed off just as I leaped into the back seat!

We continued up Town and Country Drive. Along the way, I did about three or four whole courts by myself! Also, we found Ryan Hales (another 11-year-old scout), who also decided to help us.

Now, Town and Country Drive is a big hill, so the farther we went, the more we could see Mt. Diablo!


When I got to Avon Court, I saw two signs that made me laugh. I even put a flyer on the green guy.


Town and Country Drive eventually turns into Loch Lommond Way. On the very end of Loch Lommond Way, Alec and Dallin got to this one guy's house, but the guy got ticked off at them and said he was on a "phone call". His house looked like a modern art museum (this is a picture of it from Google Maps).


When we got to the very end of Loch Lommond Way, we worked our way up some other streets. Dallin and I took the left side, while Alec and Ryan took the right side.

Dallin and I got to a house with a bunch of weird signs on the front porch. Just by looking at those signs, I think the people living there really liked dogs.


Then, at the next house, An old lady answered the door (I was kind of nervous because there was a NO SOLICITING sign on the door). Before Dallin or I could say anything, she yelled, "I DON'T WANT ANY!" and slammed the door. We put a flyer on her porch anyway.

Then, we headed back down Town and Country Drive, and drove around until we saw a bag of food. Whenever we saw one, we would yell, "ITZABAGITZABAGITZABAG!" Alec and I even fought for one bag!

Then, we went to In-N-Out out in San Ramon (if you don't know what those are, they're big burger places in California, Nevada, Arizona, and in Utah).


Oh yeah, in the bathroom, there are those motion-sensored paper towel things, so when Alec walked by, the paper towel came out by itself (and kind of scared him a bit).

Have you ever noticed the scriptures on the bottom of practically every paper product from In-N-Out (except for the fry trays and the napkins)? Here, take a look!

Soda Cup

Burger Wrapper


(You can't really see it, but it says Revelations 3:20). Anyway, that's pretty much our Scouting for Food adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment